Life in the UK Citizenship Test
Birmingham Metropolitan College is an accredited Life in the UK Citizenship Test Centre. Becoming a British citizen or deciding to settle permanently in this country is an important event in your life. The test will allow you to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen by showing you know about life in the UK.
To book a Citizenship Test
Our Language Centre staff can assist you with accessing and completing the on-line Test booking.
The Computer-based tests are run daily.
- Are you about to apply for permanent residence (indefinite leave toremain) or citizenship in the UK? (aged 18 – 60?)
- Is your level of English ESOL entry 3 or higher?
- Tests run - Monday-Friday 9.30 am to 3.30 pm, and also on thelast Saturday of each month
- Please bring identification and proof of postcode to the Test Centre
- Online payments only with Credit or Debit card
Note: The Citizenship Test (24 multiple choice question) is also required by migrants who are currently in the UK as highly skilled workers if they are interested in applying for settlement.
Information about the Test
- You will receive a notification letter or certificate on the day of the test (which will show if you passed or failed the test)
- Please allow 1½ hours in our test centre from arrival until the end of the test session
- Go to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk for further advice or guidance
Preparing for the Test
Students who need tuition to prepare for the Citizenship Test can attend ESOL citizenship courses at all our campuses. The Language Centre is for learners taking the Life in the UK Citizenship Test, who should demonstrate knowledge of life in the United Kingdom as well as having sufficient speaking and listening skills to cope with life in the UK on a day to day basis. For further information about citizenship courses available please email:
Birmingham Metropolitan College
The Language Centre
Conybere Street, Highgate
Birmingham B12 0YL
Buses 35 and 50 run regularly to the Test Centre (Gooch St and Highgate Middleway)
Disabled toilets and ramp at entrance. Parking for 35 cars.
t. 0845 155 0101