Horticulture and Conservation
Why choose BMET?
- Based at Birmingham Botanical Gardens, our Horticultural Academy specialises in providing qualifications in horticulture, gardening and conservation.
- Courses accredited by the Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) and Grade 1 assessment from external verifiers from the RHS.
- Study in unique surroundings with 15 acres of landscaped gardens planted with roses, alpines, perennials, rare trees and shrubs.
- For amateur gardening enthusiasts, we offer a range of short courses from 4-6 hours, usually on a Saturday. We also have part-time courses accredited by the Royal Horticulture Society.
- Full-time training courses available for all ages, including horticulture, gardening and conservation, and apprenticeships in arboriculture and horticulture.
- NEW FOR 2014 - Forestry and Arboriculture! From September, we will be offering new courses in Forestry and Arboriculture at both Level 2 and Level 3.
Horticulture qualifications provide essential skills for working in many different land-based areas including landscaping, tree surgery, parks and recreation and garden centres. Horticulture can also help with careers in the Forestry Commission, National Parks Trust and the Environment Agency.
Jobs available include working as a garden or landscape designer, ornamental plant grower, garden centre worker/manager, greenkeeper/groundsman at sports pitches, soil scientist, commercial grower or horticultural consultant.
For more information about any of our courses, call us on 0845 155 0101 or online at Ask BMet